Founded in 1979, the National African Federation for the Building Industry (NAFBI) is the oldest and largest Building and Construction Industry Federation in South Africa.

The Federation is represented in all nine Provinces of the Republic of South Africa with a total membership currently of 6 122 (six thousand one hundred and twenty two) member companies.

80% of members are small and medium enterprises and the other 20% comprises Corporate Members, Professionals (Quantity Surveyors, Engineers, Architects), and Construction equipment retailers and manufacturers.

NAFBI is an autonomous, non for profit, Section 21 business organization. NAFBI’s primary objective is economic access facilitation, capacity building and business linkages. Lobbying is central to the business of NAFBI. Underlying NAFBI ‘s lobbying efforts is transformation of the Construction Industry in South Africa.